Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like to be a character in Ben Kane\'s next book?
Some of you might remember that I walked Hadrian's Wall in kit last year with Anthony Riches, Russ Whitfield and our very own Mike Bishop. This year, Mike sadly won't be joining us, but we're to march 170 km + / 110 mi. + from the amphitheatre in Capua, to the centre of Rome. We're again doing it for charity, for Combat Stress and Medecins sans Frontieres. Again in full kit, this time also with Roman subligaria... 8+)

So, to the reason for my post:

LIKE TO BE A CHARACTER IN BEN'S NEXT BOOK?
¿Te gustaría ser un personaje en el próximo libro de Ben?
Wie wil een personage in Ben's zijn nieuwe boek worden?
Ti piacerebbe essere un personaggio prossimo libro di Ben?

Last year, I had the idea of offering people the chance to be minor characters in Clouds of War. Matthew. A. R. Craig and Ryan Yates took up the challenge, donating more than £600 between them to star as Quintus' comrades, Mattheus and Gaius Marius respectively. Big thanks to them.

It's an expensive business, so this year, I thought I'd let everyone have a go at winning such a prize. I've run such raffles before, so many of you know how this works, but for those of you who don't...

A £10 donation to the charitable Romani Walk buys you one chance to win the chance to star in Eagles at War. If you donate £20, you get two chances and so on.

All you have to do to enter is to donate on the link below, and message me to say how much you donated. YOU CAN DONATE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Check out the attached pic, which is my note at the back of Clouds of War. This is your chance to be famous - or infamous!

(Please note: I'll make every effort to make the character look like and sound like you, according to what you tell me. However, I retain the right to do whatever I like with that character. If you wish your character to be a woman, I may only be able to make her appearance very short - that's the nature of this book, I am afraid - it's virtually all on campaign.)

I'll run this for the next 6 days, closing at 10 p.m. UK time, next Friday, 7th March.

Good luck everyone, and get donating! Thank you very much.

Ben

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/RomaniWalk2014

[attachment=9170]IMAG2859.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=9169]P1060792640x480.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Hi Ben

Not sure I can raise £300 + but I will certainly auction off another one of my paintings like last year!

That must surely warrant a mention of a fresco painter somewhere! Big Grin

Best wishes.
Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Hi Graham - that's really, really kind - thank you.
When you've decided which one, please let me know.
Best wishes - Ben.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

www.benkane.net
I've had about 20 people bid on this, but there's still a good chance you could win if you donate just £10...

www.benkane.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Immersion or Yourself Andy 20 3,417 12-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Matt Lukes