Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thieves that were crucified by Romans
Hi All.

Having acted out the part passionately as the Repentant Thief, i naturally wanted to study more into how the horrific crucifixions took place, which of course, besides the brilliant directors, my own research helped my getting as close to re enacting the part as dramatically possible.

In my earlier research i found there were in the main the flogging onward to the criminals carrying 110lb approx in weight crossbeams which the criminal was nailed to and hoisted. The romans clearly never nailed the palms of hands but through the wrists and ankles aside the upright with knees bent. Further the traditional looking white loincloth would not have been so and more likely any colour available but most often left crucified without any cloth being completely naked adding to the humiliation. What a horrible way to go.

I would be interested to hear from any Roman Soldier in here who has been a centurion a Passion of Christ Drama involved in the crucifixions and how it was detered from realistic simulations as so many passions vary enormously. Thanks.

Sorry for the off Roman Army subject but then again is quite relivant when you all consider the 100s of 1000s of slaves and criminals that the Romans Crucified.

I love this site btw. Very informative. Excellent thanks.

Zebs (the thief)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Interesting, thanks for posting this!
Thanks. I thought it would be useful for so many Roman Army soldiers in here the next time you all get involved in crucifixions of criminals, slaves and thieves.