Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom machining
It may not be entirely accurate, but if you can't get a part made any other way, this might be the path of the future. You even get their custom software to design your stuff.<br>
<br>
www.emachineshop.com/<br>
<br>
Question is, taking a look at their product line, could you get a reasonable sword/pugio/etc done this way? <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=richsc@romanarmytalk>RichSC</A> at: 8/27/04 1:39 pm<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
RichSC<br>
<br>
I am very familiar with the manufacturing techniques that go into making these parts advertized by that company.<br>
Question is would you want a stamped sword?<br>
how about an extruded one. I believe this company could come up with a way to manufacture your sword...are you willing to give up your first born to pay for it? <p></p><i></i>
Salve<br>
<br>
Another problem is the general impression of a piece made by custom machining. I think it could be too "perfect". Roman artifacts generally are very imperfect or bad finished...<br>
<br>
Vale <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machining brass helmet trim!!!!! Manius Acilius Italicus 12 3,197 08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius