Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reenactment in Carnival
Just curious, have you ever used your reenactment clothing for carnival or do you think your gear is too precious to be used in these..err...rough conditions?
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
Depending on what Carnival is like in your country - if it's German Rhineland, I definitely wouldn't risk it. Too many alcoholic beverages and the occasional body fluid flying around. Unless you feel they add authenticity.

I used to wear my medieval garb at school Carnival (I'm a teacher), and looked totally out of place. Which was okay for me - it was almost like showing up un-costumed. Like a statement saying "You do your Carnival, losers! I have something better." Big Grin

So... depending on what you want to achieve... Wink
Jenny Dolfen

My illustrated novel project: [URL="http://darknessovercannae.com/"]Darkness over Cannae[/URL]
First: weaponry and alcohol don't go together, so a BIG no.
Furthermore, most of my kit is not really good for such a thing as it will only suffer from the use in the conditions and can be damaged easily (or bring damage to others who think it's all plastic.)
ALA I BATAVORUM
I wore mine to a Hallowen party costume contest. I lost to Fred Flintstone and Wilma.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?