Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brachiati emblem
I've searched for half an hour online, and not found the shield emblem for the Brachiati, similar to the twin red dragons on saffron illustrated in the Notitia Dignitatum for the Cornuti. Many apologies, brethren, if this has been posted already, but could someone link me to an image, if any is available?
Warmest thanks for a great site,
Milo
I've searched for less than five seconds and .-) :

You probably mean Brachiati seniores:

Attached Files
.jpg   Peditum1.jpg (Size: 7.6 KB / Downloads: 2)
.png   MP1680by539.png (Size: 17.13 KB / Downloads: 2)
.png   MP1a680by566.png (Size: 21.96 KB / Downloads: 2)
There is also Eastern brother regiment of Brachiati iuniores:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.png   MMPI1680by485.png (Size: 34.65 KB / Downloads: 2)
.jpg   PraesentalisI1.jpg (Size: 7.86 KB / Downloads: 2)
But keep in mind this doesnt have to be real disign of those units and if it is- its details and colors might be more or less significantly changed by these later medieval copies from ancient original(although in this case all versions seems to be in mutual agreement).By the way supposed emblem of senior regiment is among my personal favorites if not total favorite :-)
Quote:But keep in mind this doesnt have to be real disign of those units and if it is- its details and colors might be more or less significantly changed by these later medieval copies from ancient original(although in this case all versions seems to be in mutual agreement).
Indeed, and they might not. We'll never know for sure I'm afraid. ;-)
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Unless of course we find another copy of the Notitia that dates earlier.
Quote:Unless of course we find another copy of the Notitia that dates earlier.

Indeed. Lots of room for interpretation, like the "khaleesi" dragons on my shield. Wink
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
When I paint my Placidi Valentiniani Shield (possibly the Valentinianenses Felices in the Illyrian field Army), I'm going to do a lot of "interpretation" so to speak.