Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arthurian Legend
Greetings All,

I assume that some of you have an interest in the Arthurian legend. I recently came across a small book which might be of interest to legend enthusiasts from an unexpect6ed source. Most are familiar with J.R.R. Tolkien, who created the Hobbitt and the Lord of the Rings. Early in his career, he wrote a great many works about Norse legends, perhaps laying the foundation for the Middle Earth stories..

In any event, he also embraced the Arthurian legend, and wrote several works about it. One of the most interesting is the Fall of Arthur. Although written in the form of a poem, it is engaging nonetheless. I highly recommend this book, which presents the story and gives some background information about the author and how his work relates to other interpretations of the Arthurian legend:
Tolkien, J.R.R., The Fall of Arthur, ed. Christopher Tolkien (New York, NY: Mariner Books, 2013), ISBN 978-0-544-11589-7.

Happy Reading,

Publius Quinctius Petrus Augustinus
(aka Pierre A. Kleff, Jr.)
Petrus Augustinus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  King Arthurian Helmet & Roman Helmets for sale Indian Medieval Armour 7 2,514 05-26-2015, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Aryan Steels
  Shieldwall - Arthurian Folk Metal? Arthes 0 806 04-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Arthes