Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legions on the East Coast?
You guys got a newbie here! Just joined, and I have a lot to learn about reenacting if I want to do it. Maryland here.
Andrew S.
A. GAL. PRISCVS: I was 13 when the romans magically came flying outside my window and colored my world purple. Now I am 28. Time passes Smile I remember it was a bit hard getting taken serious back then as well, when I was your age. In Sweden where I live the interest for the roman empire is a bit limited as well as it is not part of our history.

But keep it up friend, and I hope you find a legion for you!

Oh, and trust me, it will help you in the long run. My interest for history has taught me much about nearly anything.
Legio XX or Legio IX are best for you Andrew
thanks for taking the time for looking that up for me! I will keep them in mind.
Andrew S.
Here's Matt's Legio XX Page. Don't know about the IX Page though.

http://www.larp.com/legioxx/index.html
I believe I found the IX page, http://www.legioix.org/index.php
Andrew S.
That's them, but the website isn't very active. Don't know if that's their one based out of Richmond particularly. Mark Graef will put you in touch (he seems to appear whenever I post his name...)
It seems that a lot of the Legions I find either don't have anything after 2007, or nothing past 2012, haha, I see some groups that are actually very active like the XX. I still want to point out I got a long way to go, not just picking which I would join, but I need to learn quite a bit.
Andrew S.
Salve Andrew, you are in the right place for Legio XX. We are having a fabrica (workshop) Jan 11 at our house if you are interested. We will be concentrating on shoes for everyone, but we work on all things and spend a lot of time discussing Romans. Message me if interested: you would certainly be welcome just to come by and meet us.

Speaking of active, we just attended the VJCL with 2000 students before Thanksgiving, and gave ten lectures to boot.

Richard Campbell
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
That sounds really interesting! I will see how things go, if school is merciful I may be free that friday, I would love to check it out and see!
Andrew S.
Jan 11, 2014 is a Saturday, just checked.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Quote:Jan 11, 2014 is a Saturday, just checked.

Wishing I lived a little closer to Maryland. Not much going on in Northern Michigan. you guys seem like some cool dudes.
Thanks. Just FYI, the lectures we gave at VJCL were:

-Underground Rome, by Dr Giuseppina Mattietti (she has been quoted on her work the past few weeks in Archaeology Today, CNN, Fox News, and a host of others.)
-technology of Rome
-The Roman Army
-the Celts
-the civilians and families of Rome
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
That's really cool that you guys educate people! I am a minor though, that may impact things or not.
Andrew S.
Except for weapons handling, it won't.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?