Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture of Hadrian\'s Wall
I saw this picture of Hadrian's Wall on Reddit and it was impressive enough I wanted to share.

[Image: 9ncYySC.jpg]
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Shots like that always make me homesick. Thanks for sharing.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Ah, Cuddy's Crags. A view of which the world never tires.

One that was probably first taken by archaeologist, pharmacist, and prize-winning photographer, J. P. Gibson.

[Image: 6036414773_521bc76f47.jpg]

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
This view has always been the most popular one of Cuddy's Crag and just beyond the wood is Housesteads fort where I used to work oh happy days.
Brian Stobbs
I'm ashamed to admit I've never heard the name Cuddy's Crags before, but when I googled it I found this really cool series of four photographs on Flickr. That does look to be quite the location for photographers.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Having worked on Hadrian's Wall at the two most important sites of Chesters and Housesteads and also having studied much of it with views of just why and also how it is built in the way it is, there are other much more impressive views than Cuddy's grag such as the fantastic panoramic view at Steel rigg where one sees just what it is really like on a cliff then with its defensive cutback in the gap.
Brian Stobbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Visiting Hadrian's Wall CaesarAugustus 3 6,101 08-19-2019, 07:28 PM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus
  LEGO Hadrian\'s Wall Flavivs Aetivs 3 2,075 10-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Help Keep Hadrian\'s Wall Vindex 0 1,044 12-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Vindex