Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website selling Republican gear?
Dear sir,
Thank you for your clarifications, although I am not sure what happened in the past. However, I am surprised at specific mention of "Indian" companies in your communication. I did not approach this topic as an Indian company, but an international operator.

I am sorry if I have offended you being an Indian.

Gagan
Gagan, you are totaly correct. It should not matter where a manufactoring company is based or from where a vendor gets his goods. We had a marketplace with vendors at one time, but that has gone, which was a well thought through decision given the incidents and then subsequent domination by just a few. However, I still feel there could and should be a "vendor" section where links to all kinds vendors (ie companies and persons selling direct) are listed with a customer satisfaction possibility (rating on a given set of parameters), like on a great many websites. This would be very helpfull in finding one's way around "vendor-land" and would provide the possibility of reading/ seeing as a rating other peoples experiences with a given vendor. I do NOT think RAT should be involved in direct selling, though.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Quote:Dear sir,
Thank you for your clarifications, although I am not sure what happened in the past. However, I am surprised at specific mention of "Indian" companies in your communication. I did not approach this topic as an Indian company, but an international operator.

I am sorry if I have offended you being an Indian.

Gagan

Hello Gagan,

I did not mean it in a racial way, and I am deeply sorry if I came off as offensive and/or offended you. I meant it simply to distinguish the Indian manufacturers (because the primary manufacturers of reenactment goods are from India) from the vendors such as Armamentaria, SOTW, and other Vendors. It would certainly have been much better wording to use international operator. I will bear that in mind in the future.

Again, I am sincerely sorry if I have offended you.

Quote:Gagan, you are totaly correct. It should not matter where a manufactoring company is based or from where a vendor gets his goods. We had a marketplace with vendors at one time, but that has gone, which was a well thought through decision given the incidents and then subsequent domination by just a few. However, I still feel there could and should be a "vendor" section where links to all kinds vendors (ie companies and persons selling direct) are listed with a customer satisfaction possibility (rating on a given set of parameters), like on a great many websites. This would be very helpfull in finding one's way around "vendor-land" and would provide the possibility of reading/ seeing as a rating other peoples experiences with a given vendor. I do NOT think RAT should be involved in direct selling, though.

I would approve of a listing of Vendors and Manufacturers, but a series of threads rating vendors and manufacturers has been discussed and it was decided against because it would not work effecitvely with our code (A constant process of moderators approving votes and stuff to keep the threads empty of comments so the voting is purely statistical and it doesn't start any flame wars.)

Advertising and direct selling of products from International Operators such as Deepeeka, Al-Hamdd, GDFB, Museum Replicas, and DSC are no longer allowed. Some advertising of Vendor products (that is, ones that are hand made by a single weaver or blacksmith like yourself, but not produced large scale by an International Manufacturer) are allowed. This counts as "Private Sale" of a single good that someone produced.

I have debated much about current marketplace policy, I can assure you, and am of the mindset that we should either have a marketplace completelty opent to everyone to (sell, advertise, criticise, etc) or no marketplace at all. However, my Opinions do not reflect the opinions of moderation as a whole, and we work as a team to better the marketplace.

We have indeed made a step forward in improving the Marketplace by assigning a Moderator specifically to the Marketplace. I believe as of right now it is Vindex.
Really? When was that confirmed?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Wasn't it confirmed a few weeks ago?

Dangit Jasper you confuzzled me.
Hi Evan,

I specificly do NOT mean a thread ..... A rating system would be separate item and a new feature to the forum. It would perhaps also require new software or the instalment of a new functionality.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
That's what we discussed. I don't think installing new software or creating a new functionality at this point is an option, so what we were going to do is have several threads with Polls that were "Requires Prior Moderator Approval," so we could keep people from posting in the polls (because if you just lock the thread it locks the poll.) However, it also means votes need to be approved.

Jasper can probably explain it better than I can.
http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articl...-s-Example

Something like this, NOT a Poll. There is no moderation needed, if the feedback is not anonymous and there is no "thread option" active. One just rates and may (or may not) add a comment. You could even go without comments alltogether.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
Message understood Robert. I'm working on a variety of plans for RAT v5. :woot:
Evan, sorry if I confuzzled you, but perhaps that's a good lesson in not speaking out before something's been enacted in full. Cool
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Sounds good, Jasper. I love the forum, but think a good vendor's list would be a solid addition and very good for both newcomers as well as the older users, as often as not I see questions like this one come by. It would help me too, and when you get round to it, I will now offer my services in helping fill it with at least a good many European makers.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Website for Reenactment Gear Jon Blaze 3 1,601 02-19-2018, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Pointer
  REAL GEAR: Axel Guttmann items on Legio VI website FlaviusCrispus 26 5,251 07-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Anonymous