Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website selling Republican gear?
Does anyone know of a website that sells mid Republican gear?

I need the helmet of a triarius, and also the spear and one greave (I know, I know, I'll have to buy two!).

I've tried armillum and armamentaria with no joy, although I need to email them directly as well.

Thanks in advance.

Ben
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
There's a Spanish site - but I am not on my home system at the moment so can't provide a link. Someone else may help in the meantime but I will look when I get home this evening.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
http://www.armae.com/ try this one.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Armillum is the Spanish One. He doesn't speak English very well so unless you're fluent in Spanish its difficult ot order from him.

I think Armae has an Apulo-Corinthian helmet, which would be appropriate for a Triarius. But a lot of the gear you'll have to make yourself, I've never seen any Republican-era caligae/calcei.

Dave Akers in Missouri makes a Republican-era Pilum head. He's on RAT and FAR so you can contact him through this site. A standard Greek Dory should work for your Triarius though, he makes Greek spearheads.

There's a few sites that sell republican-era armor and swords, Manning imperial makes good (but expensive) stuff. They have republican-era greaves and helmets and stuff.
Ferran Garetta in Spain is another option that Moi possibly meant.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:I think Armae has an Apulo-Corinthian helmet, which would be appropriate for a Triarius.
Rather not, I´d say. Better for an upper-class "Samnite" cavalry depiction.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:Ferran Garetta in Spain is another option that Moi possibly meant.

This guy? Yeah he does some awesome stuff.

http://ferrangarreta.com/index.php
Quote:Armillum is the Spanish One. He doesn't speak English very well so unless you're fluent in Spanish its difficult ot order from him.

He understood English just fine when I talked to him. He just may take a while responding.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Vermaat said its hard to order from them cause he doesn't know English well. Maybe it had been a while.

Thanks for the info Jay.
I'm rather surprised that no one mentioned Erik Konig - http://replik-online.de/en/index.html

I've never dealt with him, so cannot give any review, but it definitely appears as though he has Republican gear.
Alexander
Ben, Jean- Luc of AERa will be a good source.
http://www.roman-reenactor.com/aera%20main%20page.html
or
http://www.replik-online.de/de/index2.html
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Erik Konig makes wonderful stuf but might take a long waiting time at the moment.
I never had any problems with doing bussiness with Armillum, his English is okay. Ferran Garetta speak little English, but is happy to help you in English.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Thanks for all the replies!

I know Ferran - he made an amazing hastatus bronze breast and back plate for me.

Jose on Armillum speaks English fine - but he's got twin babies and a new bakery, so is rather busy - that's ptob why he takes a while to reply!

Will check out the other sites - thanks!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Sir,

It is a suggestion. You may delete this post, if it offends any rules or policies of RAT. What I am suggesting is that the Roman Army talk is now a mature place and has a large following. We should create a small market where manufacturers can show and sell products direct to members, at reduced prices. The RAT can control these sales, and get a cut on these, which would be beneficial for the forum.

Again, this is only a suggestion.

Gagan
After several rather recent occurrences, I can say we will not be opening up a section of the marketplace for Vendors or Indian manufacturers to sell their goods.

I'm sorry.

Thanks,
MMFA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Website for Reenactment Gear Jon Blaze 3 1,636 02-19-2018, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Pointer
  REAL GEAR: Axel Guttmann items on Legio VI website FlaviusCrispus 26 5,295 07-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Anonymous