Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accurate and detailed map of Roman provinces?
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a digital map of the Roman provinces in the 1st and 2nd century AD. It would be really helpful if someone would quickly know of a good map as it's half past 8 in the evening here and my university library is obviously closed. Otherwise it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

(Whatsoever it's handy to have a digital map of the Roman empire, for any of us, I think.)
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
Maps of Roman provinces

Not entirely fireproof, but certainly good enough for a start.
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
I have one I drew by hand somewhere, let me see if I can find it.
Quote:It would be really helpful if someone would quickly know of a good map as it's half past 8 in the evening here and my university library is obviously closed. Otherwise it'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Probably too late now, but -- for future reference -- the Ancient World Mapping Center has some nice maps (many of them specially drawn for the book From Village To Empire).
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Titus Statilius Castus post=345949 Wrote:It would be really helpful if someone would quickly know of a good map as it's half past 8 in the evening here and my university library is obviously closed. Otherwise it'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Probably too late now, but -- for future reference -- the Ancient World Mapping Center has some nice maps (many of them specially drawn for the book From Village To Empire).

Thank you very much!

Yes, in the meantime I went to the library and was able to scan the maps I needed. Unfortunately, the standard setting of the scanner seems to have been changed and now all of my maps are in black and white. I guess I'll make another trip to the library...
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
Thank you Duncan.

'From village to Empire' looks like a microcosm of my first year Ancient History degree (back in the day...)
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:'From village to Empire' looks like a microcosm of my first year Ancient History degree (back in the day...)
I think it's meant to! (A highly-recommended textbook.)
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  independence of Roman Provinces Lothia 10 1,956 05-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Timianus