Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legio XXX in Canada on hold...
Salve everyone!<br>
<br>
Well, the time has come for me to put things on hold for the group as Commander. The logistical and informational demands by the members have take the fun and such out of this hobby, and transformed it into a job. Unfortunately, the members weren't encouraged enough to work or find things independantly on their own, thus putting a greater strain on the leadership of the group. I'm not at the point in my life where I can put the sustained time and energy into a hobby, and still maintain any semblance of normalcy in everyday life. Too often I'm at work thinking about Roman events/equipment when I should be...well...working!<br>
<br>
So this basically means that the group has no leader. There are also no viable replacements with all the elements to keep a Roman Reenactment unit going. I will still be active in the community, virtual or otherwise, but for now my days of running a group are finished.<br>
<br>
I do plan on maintaining all of my gear, and I am hoping to road trip with a few people to next year's Roman Days in Washington, DC. But no more event planning and coordination for this guy.<br>
<br>
The good news, is that now I have renewed my interest in Roman Military History, since I've relieved the "burden of leadership" from myself.<br>
<br>
In the future who knows what will happen. For now I'm content to do my own thing. I may start a new group, but this time the policies that are on the website will be more heavily enforced, or I may start a vexilliation of an existing group, should they be open to the idea.<br>
<br>
Vale! <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
Vexilation of Legio XX? <p>Legio XX <br>
Caupona Asellinae</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
as an adjunct, you're welcome to attend the activities of the 2nd cohort of legio XXX here in the USA.<br>
<br>
groups.yahoo.com/group/legio30cohort2/<br>
<br>
I'm not sure that I agree with you Matt on a lack of suitable leaders on the Canadian side. I also saw alot of participation. Ok, this was from a core group, but isn't that to be expected? <p></p><i></i>
Here's the problem...who has:<br>
<br>
A) A passion and interest for Rome<br>
<br>
B) Centralized location to hold meetings<br>
<br>
C) Knowledge of historical/authentic aspects of kit and Roman military History<br>
<br>
D) Drive and focus to provide direction for the group<br>
<br>
E) Innovation and creativity<br>
<br>
F) Leadership qualities<br>
<br>
While people had parts of all of these, no one possesed them all. Participation isn't a substitute for leadership. <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii Frescoes - Which One\'s Hold Clues? Mithras 10 2,090 01-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Uwe Bahr
  How do hold the scutum Anonymous 16 5,072 08-23-2004, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Anonymous