Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for romans in Western/Northern NewYork
I've setup a new Yahoo group:<br>
<br>
groups.yahoo.com/group/legio30cohort2/<br>
<br>
Not much there at moment, just a few of my photos. Looking for roman, or potentially roman, reenactors primarily in the Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse areas. There's a fairly active SCA group in Rochester and occasionally they sponsor some nice events. <p></p><i></i>
Neuralmancer,<br>
I joined your list. Where do you live? I live in Newark, about 23 miles east of Rochester. I don't have a kit but I do have a small armoury that I put together in a shed in my backyard. I make and sell SCA combat armour on Ebay although I do not participate in the SCA. I've always had an interest in Rome and things Roman. It would be great if something could be organized in the area. <p></p><i></i>
No kidding? Nothing ever happens in WNY! I live near Corning. Probably too old to particiapte in the Army part but maybe I could stand around and look senatorial ( gray hair does that) <p></p><i></i>
Tom Mallory
NY, USA
Wannabe winner of the corona
graminea and the Indy 500.
Never too old! I'm 45 and a bit grey myself but that won't stop me . Besides, Someone has to mind the camp while the youngsters are out on patrol. <p></p><i></i>
I'm 48, though my wife may think differently and subtract a sizable number from that, you're never too old. I reside in Pittsford, just a few miles south of Rochester. I'm not a member of the SCA either, though I have recently attended one of their social meetings here in Rochester. I have a full roman kit, though I find that there's always something new to acquire or make. Over the winter I've setup a workshop in a part of the basement where I recently been spending a lot of time making riveted maille. I have the upper section of a roman shirt of hamata about three quarters complete. The nearest other roman group is legio XXX in Canada and I'm looking to establish an offshoot of that group states side. If you're interested send me an e-mail and let's try to get together. I look forward to getting more people started in the right direction. There's a few local SCA events coming up that may be good avenues for showing off roman reenactment. <p></p><i></i>
Gray hair works. A role that isn't often recreated is that of a legate. You go around in a toga and look important. I have a book containing patterns for togas as they developed from the republic through the empire and I'm having La Wren's Nest make one of these for me. <p></p><i></i>