Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shield design with goat or Capricorn
I have seen some pass by, but would like to see any reconstructions of shield designs with goats or capricorns included. Any pointers?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
LEG II AVG at Archeon in the Netherlands thgis Summer. Shows the shield design well I think.
[attachment=8110]1173858_652188061466386_1605091886_n.jpg[/attachment]
Kevin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kevin
Where's yours, Kevin?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I have a painted "goat" on mine, its not there as I never went to Holland, work commitments....Smile
I think the ergonomics look good, based on a design from the "arch of Orange" in southern France. The Scuta being based on the cover found at Caerleon, Wales.
Kevin
Kevin
I meant a photograph of yours as opposed to you in the line up :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Theres plenty of mine on the Internet, don't need another one here.
Kevin
Kevin
Thanks! Does one of yours have Macedonian stars on it with a bit fancier curlicues?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PRAEFECTUS LEGIONIS SEXTAE shield design-pattern Eronnius 20 6,483 06-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Capricorn help from Tegimen Doc 3 1,489 09-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Doc
  Capricorn photo help Doc 12 2,762 08-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Doc