UK wants the legions back
Her Majesty can be a clienta.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/429595/...Government
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Wow, that's a fun read!!! Thanks for sharing. Confusedmile:
Glory to the Empire!
I'm sure those of us across the pond from Britain are of the like mind. I, for one, am.
Seconded. Roman Rule is preferable to... this. Besides, I get an excuse to wear a tunic. :woot:
I believe one lesson to be learned from this article is that Creative Assembly is also creative in their marketing of Total War Rome II. They also have a sense of humour.

Quote:government horses being given special roles in parliament
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Ho hum...I hear the wheels of a band wagon churning away.

Interesting that they did not mention the economy anywhere - based on slavery. Although I would not mind the Roman levels of investment in the Army; and the roads would be in better nick too!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Ho hum...I hear the wheels of a band wagon churning away.

Interesting that they did not mention the economy anywhere - based on slavery. Although I would not mind the Roman levels of investment in the Army; and the roads would be in better nick too!
A Roman government would have had HS2 half built by now (and as much of the country fracked as possible).

It's interesting to suggest how a Roman government would respond to modern political pressures, but ignoring the central roles of aggressive military control and a slavery-based economy makes the whole thing a little disingenuous. Also, when it asks if 'immigrants should embrace the local culture', it doesn't specify that this means Britons should act like Italians...
I have a feeling the Welsh would be the only ones liking them. Confusedilly: