Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Lacus Curtius?
Is anyone else having problems accessing the Lacus Curtius site? I can't get it to load at all, and it's been like this for about a week now...
Nathan Ross
Not had a problem and recently got an email message associated with the latest blog. All ok here on my old system (IE7 on Windows 7)
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Thanks.

I'm using Firefox, but I just tried Internet Explorer, without success. A blank screen and the message Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to penelope.uchicago.edu...

Is anyone else getting this? Could be a problem with my pc otherwise. I'll have to try jiggling things about and hope for better results...
Nathan Ross
Tried on both Firefox and Internet Explorer 8. No problems on either and I have Windows 7. It must be on your end or something, maybe the ping or a server is down.
I've been having the same problem. I'll get in touch with Bill and let him know it's not just me. Maybe he'll know what to do.
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others" - Thucydides, Peloponnesian War
"I have just jazzed mine up a little" - Spike Milligan, World War II
It might be local to your area of Britain?
Lacus does indeed have problems in the weekend. Bill has given up trying to understand.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I have no problems using IE8 on Windows XP. Famous last words!
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lacus Curtius Bryan 21 7,473 10-29-2015, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Bryan