Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently I\'m a spammer
I have just tried to post about ARMAMENTARIVM to References and Reviews and got a brusque and unhelpful message telling me I'm a spammer! What is going on here?

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Anti-spam software. Here is a nice post about how it works and how to make sure you don't get caught up in it: How not to be spam
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Jasper will probably let the post through if you email him. That will fix it.
Happened to me too; the only different thing was a URL.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
The Easy way to avoid it is to post, then to go back and edit your links in afterwards, the same way spammers do it to avoid these algorithms Tongue
Quote:Anti-spam software. Here is a nice post about how it works and how to make sure you don't get caught up in it: How not to be spam
And it can't do a simple lookup on my username and length of subscription? Pants. I'm afraid life's too short to jump through all these extra hoops. You'll all just have to take my word that it was a good post and you're now never going to know ;-)

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
PM Jasper, He'll let it through when he sees it in a day or two.
Well Mike, you certainly know how to make us curious about the content of your post! Much looking forward to reading it in time.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
I also had a problem logging in and (with the help of Jasper) discovered that my email was reported as spam at stopforumspam dotcom The address was reported by several forum sites I have never been to and RAT is the only forum I know of that my gmail address is registered to.

I contacted the site and they have since removed me from their list. My guess is that spam bots were stealing and misreporting their email address as mine. You can check at the site and search your email or IP to see if your email has been reported.

Jim
Quote:
Epictetus post=343735 Wrote:Anti-spam software. Here is a nice post about how it works and how to make sure you don't get caught up in it: How not to be spam
And it can't do a simple lookup on my username and length of subscription? Pants. I'm afraid life's too short to jump through all these extra hoops. You'll all just have to take my word that it was a good post and you're now never going to know ;-)

Mike Bishop

If you'd like to program an extension to the various software, Mike, feel free to do so. Wink What I can do, and do do (dododo) is whitelist any members who've been caught by the system at any one point. You should be good to go from here on out.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine