Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New book: Henchmen of Ares
I don't think this has been posted here before and most of you are probably aware of it, but my book, Henchmen of Ares: Warriors and Warfare in Early Greece, is currently at the printer's and will be available soon.

The book is based on my PhD thesis on warfare in the Aegean between ca. 1200 and 500 BC, and has been expanded to include a better overview of the Mycenaean era as a whole. The contents has also been reshuffled: it's now chronological rather than split according to different types of evidence (burials with arms, fortifications, Homer, etc.), and the entire text has been revised and brought more up to date. In addition, it features 18 original illustrations by Ancient Warfare magazine stalwarts Rocío Espín, Angel García Pinto, Milek Jakubiec, Sebastian Schulz, Johnny Shumate, Graham Sumner; the maps are by Carlos García.

If you want to buy it at a 40% discount, head on over to the Karwansaray shop to place your order. The pre-order offer is only valid until this Sunday. The book is also available on Amazon.

There is a sample (the entire prologue) available here.
Josho,

Thanks for the notice - have you any idea when the copies will come back from printers and start to be sent out? I pre-ordered a while back and I am keenly awaiting its appearance!

Regards, John
Apologies for the late reply! Copies should be on their way to those who (pre-)ordered via our website. If you ordered through Amazon, the books are now on the boat and will be sent around 15 December.