Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romans in Ravenglass, Cumbria, UK
Excavations will be taking place at Ravenglass during September, in what appears to be the vicus/civilian settlement. For further information to the dig blog at: http://ravenglassromans.blogspot.co.uk/2...-2013.html

It's a busy time on the Cumbrian coast this year, as there are also excavations at Maryport during August/September!
Hello Sandra

I did write to Holly Beavitt-Pike about Ravenglass months ago. As I spent most of my childhood holidays near Ravenglass I know the place very well. Therefore I would love to do some re-constructions of the site if you and Kurt need any.

At the moment I am adding more landscape scenes to my portfolio so I would welcome the opportunity.

Best wishes.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Don't think we currently need any reconstructive drawings. It might be an idea to come up and visit on one of the Open Days - a good place to catch up with Holly, and some of the local people who are digging there, and who had a big hand in initiating the project. Think it'll be a case of seeing what we find over the two seasons we're digging, but once the locals have started digging they may well continue, and build up a very comprehensive idea of settlement in Ravenglass.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Romans in Ravenglass Final Report Viventius 1 1,451 11-23-2015, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Gunthamund Hasding