Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Legion needs help
<br>
Ave Millies!!!! Our newest Legion to start defending the province of America "Florida's 10th" is in need of advice and help. We are of course brand new Have very little in gear and members and of course we have no idea what were really doing. I was hoping that you guys who I consider my Brethren since were all in the service of Rome. Could give us some advice on where we should point our limited resources at. We want to find some way to make some money to buy more gear and a tent and maybe afew scutums (we have home made ones that the paint job and stuff isn't that great ...hehe). I really hope you guys can help a Legion in need.<br>
<br>
Thank you<br>
Legate Billamus "Florida's 10th" <p></p><i></i>
A tent is tough....but the scuta I can help you with.<br>
<br>
Email me at [email protected] and we can discuss it if you want. <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
Ave!<br>
<br>
Welcome to the Empire! (Or Republic, if you prefer!)<br>
<br>
You've probably already been to the Best Roman Site on the Net:<br>
<br>
www.larp.com/legioxx/<br>
<br>
Many of the how-to pages have recommendations at the bottom for where to purchase things. Also the Suppliers page, Links, Bibliography, and Advice on Running a Group. Dig in and Enjoy.<br>
<br>
Personally, I wouldn't worry about a tent when you still need tunics and footwear. Give yourself time to consider options. Likewise, don't be obsessed at finding a good pugio until you have a decent belt to hang it on, and don't worry about belts until you have good armor, sword, and helmet!<br>
<br>
Plus my usual plug for Historical Accuracy: Many things are NOT better than nothing! Don't skimp on accuracy with the intention on replacing things later, that usually just doesn't work. Study the options, do some research, and ask lots of questions. You won't regret it.<br>
<br>
Best of luck!! Vale,<br>
<br>
Matthew/Quintus, Legio XX<br>
<br>
PS: Send me some contact information and I'll be happy to add your group to our Links page! [email protected] <p></p><i></i>
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/