Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few New Medical Instruments
More today first a unusual knife with a scoop on the handle, this is different to the one I made a few years ago from the BM it has a round bowl on the end. Next a Acvs or cataract needle which will go with the couching needle.

Will be giving me hands a break for now but still a few more pieces to make  Smile
Regards Brennivs  Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Been busy again tonight finished off a wood tube for the Acvs, I have found these instruments have a case as well as they are vulnerable  to damage. I made the case from dog wood. The crouching needle we have is also in a metal tube.

Next is another mystery instrument which I posted on page one, it has a cork screw end, which after my bit research they have been found in 2 sets that also have a foetus hook within the instruments, so something to do with child birth? Here is the corkscrew end took nearly 2 and half hours to get it to a rough finish, still a few hours still left in it but once done, we can use it as a guess its use  Smile

Will post as soon as it is finished  Wink
Regards Brennivs   Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Ha made a tad mistake with thread, with doing the twists on other instruments, I just continued stupid boy I am  Blush Blush I put a left hand thread on  Angry  So back to the Fabrica start again, tried to find one with that thread but all right cut, one positive thing found another set with one in so looked into description. Found one on a auction site describing it as a bone drill ? Now  I have a photo of a 2600 year old Egyiption mummy with a 9 inch screw in the leg which has a similer corkscrew thread. So maybe this solves my problem  Smile (but still not convinced it is) Back to the tool, I managed to do it a little quickier and quite therapeutic to do, but hands now need a rest now  Cry

Hope to do a few more soon ish.
Regards Brennivs  Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
When putting my kit away forgot about this I made years ago my Pharmacopola seller kit, I modelled it on what Romans like to sell from cupboard type stalls. The mixing pallet is in my doctors bag but it has a bit of everything and also the Libra which come from a find in London,

Also with this are various bottles ect full of quality medicines Cry but I am not very good with the Ocvlvs Medicvs side of things  Blush you never know what I might find that I forgot I made.
Regards Brennivs  Big Grinm
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs