Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life of Sun Tzu
Hey all,<br>
<br>
I know this is off topic, but I figured an educated bunch of warheads like yourselves might have an answer for me.<br>
<br>
I'm looking for a book (or other source) about the life of Sun Tzu (the Chinese strategist who wrote The Art of War, for the uninitiated). There are plenty of copies of The Art of War around, but little about the man himself.<br>
<br>
Can anyone help?<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Caius <p></p><i></i>
Salve,<br>
<br>
unfortunatly, we now almost nothing about the life of Sun Tzu.<br>
Try this site:<br>
<br>
[url=http://www.clearbridge.com/History/life_of_sun_tzu.htm" target="top]www.clearbridge.com/History/life_of_sun_tzu.htm[/url]<br>
<br>
The only surviving source on the life of Sun Tzu is the biography written on the 2nd century BC by the historian Ssu-ma Ch'ien, who describes him as a general who lived in the state of Wu on the 6th century BC. However, the biography is not consistent with other sources about the period, and both the form and content of the book indicate that it was most likely written between 400 BC and 320 BC<br>
<br>
An English translation of the work:<br>
Ssu-ma Ch'ien, Records of the grand historian of China. Translated from the Shih chi of Ssu-ma Ch'ien by Burton Watson. New York: Columbia University Press 1961.<br>
<br>
A search on amazon.com ended in a "Out of stock"<br>
see this link: [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-5526498-4141454" target="top]www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-5526498-4141454[/url]<br>
<br>
<br>
i hope this this helps....<br>
<br>
<br>
<p>Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Thanks!<br>
<br>
Sadly, that's the response I sort of expected. Sun Tzu -- interesting man, but frustrating that there's so little out there on his life.<br>
<br>
I appreciate the effort on your part, though.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Caius <p></p><i></i>