Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome
Hello,

Some of you may remember me from about a year ago on this site. I had introduced the Kickstarter campaign for Volume I of my graphic novel series "Amiculus; A Secret History," imagining the fall of Rome from a more conspiratorial, alt-history viewpoint Well, that campaign, rather embarassingly, did not work out as I'd hoped. I haven't really been around since then, unfortunately, as I've been working from that moment to this to keep the project going, crowdfunding or no.

But I'm back, with a trim new campaign that is actually doing quite well right now, and I'd love to share it with you. Here's the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508...y-volume-i

Here's the idea:

Amiculus is a quasi-historical epic, telling a “lost” history of the fall of Rome through the eyes of its last emperor, a 12-year-old boy named Romulus. Through him we see Rome at the moment of its collapse, besieged by a vast barbarian army. Yet within Rome a secret war rages, revealing an intricate mosaic of conspiracy within conspiracy, bloodshed and betrayal, tragedy and loss. At its center is Amiculus, a mysterious cloaked figure manipulating generals, kings, and western civilization. As the mightiest empire on earth crumbles, we are left to wonder: did Rome merely fall, or was it pushed?

Now, I value historical accuracy greatly, and have done my best to make things as period accurate as possible (within the bounds of speculative historical fiction, of course). But we all make mistakes, and I'd appreciate your critical eyes on this for me. So what I ask is: check it out, watch the video pick it apart, tell me what you like, what you hate, and share it with others who will do the same. (First mistake: I get the declension wrong of "dominus" in my opening statement - oops).

I look forward to the conversation!

Travis

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome - by Epictetus - 07-25-2013, 04:24 AM
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome - by Narukami - 07-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome - by Conal - 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Graphic Novel of the Fall of Rome - Again! - by Travis Horseman - 06-16-2014, 10:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graphic Novel: East Of Byzantium Narukami 4 1,257 01-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Narukami
  Graphic Design Forum... Anonymous 0 1,163 02-14-2003, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Anonymous