Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorica segmenta
If you want to be just a slinger, I would not recommend segmentata at all
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
That's why I decided against it for ease of movement and more mobility. At one point I may buy a lorica hamata. I am mainly focusing on auxiliary. Kind of off topic but I would appreciate it if some one could post pictures of some auxiliary shield patterns.
David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. Today the LORD will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head. And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animal
Depends on unit/location/era.....there is a thread running on shield patterns. Use the search button to obtain the info.
Kevin
Kevin
I would agree, go the extra cost for quality. I made the mistake of grabbing up the first Seg I could afford. I wore it a couple times while doing some light fighting, and it literally began falling apart as I moved.
I now have a "thing" that somewhat resembles a Seg, held together by Gorilla tape, sitting on an armor stand in my son's room.
All my haste to buy armor got me, was no armor, and out 120 bucks.
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam
"I\'ll Either Find A Way Or Make One" from Hannibal

John Pruitt
Quote:I'm talking about the balearic auxiliary slingers. They had a tunic, cloak, pugio, their slings, and ammunition, as far as I know
My point was if Roman legionaries wearing segenmtata used slings then the armour can't have been too restrictive.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Quote:How's that for timing. I started a topic on that yesterday with a link.

Ah yeah that's it! He's a good guy, works up at NASA as a rocket scientist.

If you make one yourself it will fit better, the pre-made ones tend to leave gaps in the chest, which wouldn't have been a good thing in Roman Times.
Not to go off topic or anything, but does anyone have a consensus on the Manning Imperial and Armae "laminata"?