Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a PDF of James Simon\'s work
If someone could provide me the following reference, I would be very grateful (I don't have access to it in my university library): James Simon, 'The point of the sword: what Roman-era weapons could do to bodies—and why they often didn't', (2010) in eds A.W. Busch and H.J. Schalles, Waffen in Aktion. Akten der 16. Internationalen Roman Military Equipment Conference (ROMEC). Xantener Berichte 16, 41-54.
It's Simon James, actually. It looks, from the contents of the book, as if there may be other papers in it that may interest you:

http://www.zabern.de/media/2/4222_Inhalt...ichnis.pdf

I don't know where you are but, if you are in the UK, the British Library has a copy of the book, so you may be able to borrow it through the Inter-Library Loans Service.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Quote:I don't know where you are but, if you are in the UK, the British Library has a copy of the book, so you may be able to borrow it through the Inter-Library Loans Service.
This would also be my suggestion (I use mine just about every other week).

I'm sure I've requested this very document in the past, but I'm damned if I can remember much about the contents. However, I'd recommend his recent magnum opus, Rome and the Sword (2011), which may cover the same material to some degree.
If anyone would be so kind to send me the pdf of this article: http://muse.jhu.edu/books/9781438444437/...437-12.pdf
It is also a Simon James article, I think it is what I need. My University has (strangely enough) no access to Project Muse.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Dura Europos" by Simon James - opinions needed! Virilis 25 7,449 03-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Last Post: C. Apollonius Priscus
  New book on Dura Europos by Simon James richsc 5 1,731 12-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Last Post: aitor iriarte
  Simon James & Peter Connolly richsc 2 1,063 11-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Jeroen Pelgrom