Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-enactor Portraits.and Action Pictures.
Salve!

I am greatly indebted to author Russell Whitfield for getting me to do his portrait in Roman armour. This picture will start very shortly and I look forward to telling him how the picture's progressing, especially when we meet at Chester next month. Along with this I am also doing other pictures for practice, but they will soon be put on my website.

I'm not just interested in the Ancient Roman military, I've lost myself in it. It's now so obvious that I've decided to devote the rest of my life to bringing into my art all aspects of Roman (and Greek hoplite) military life. If anyone's interested in my aspirations then please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

Vale, Mike.
Good for you Mike.

What's your website, so that we can take a peek?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Thank you Robert for your reply, and I apologise for the time I took doing so.

My website is www.antiquaria.yolasite.com at present, but with the way things are going that is likely to change. As you log on you will find all of them are based on an architectural theme and sadly not on that of the Roman military, but I have recently changed tack owing to me having decided to devote the rest of my life to the latter.

At present there are three pictures I'm working on. Besides Russ' picture, I am also working on a portrait of my friend and brilliant Roman author and historian, Jose Sanchez Toledo (Titus) in a centurion's uniform, and also two gladiators fighting in the arena at the recent Grands Jeux Roumains in Nimes.

If ever I'm not re-enacting I will still be going to the festivals to at least show works to the public, and if they are interested, I could get commissions that way. Watch this space though - as the summer goes on you will find such works posted on my website! Take a look through though and enjoy doing so.

I look forward to telling you more about this, best regards, Mike.
Very nice work, sir. I especially like the interior church drawing.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
He is talented indeed. I especialy like that he also did postcard paintings.
Great Work!
I can't imaging why I like your "Market Place" Drawing... Look at my profile picture... this is a theatrical set that I designed and built.