Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
greek xipos
hello

in the pictures a my reproduction of a greek xipos ...I normally do roman gladii and when somebody ask me to make a xipos I am warry because it is a very difficult sword for made.The blade,and this very complicate sistem for compose the handle(like in the beroia xipos) is very very difficult do.But at last when I finish I happy because the resuts i can see that is not so bad.

[attachment=7404]xipos032.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=7405]xipos034.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=7406]xipos036.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=7407]xipos039.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PierPaolo siercovich
Nice job indeed :woot: !! Looks like a wicked blade. Is that reindeer ivory again on the scabbard and grip?
I can see what you mean about the hilt being difficult with the two prongs. How did you forge those?
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Kudos (another ancient Greek word.. hehe) on the outcome! One small correction though, it is xiphos not xipos.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ
hello

sorry for my greek....Robert do that handle is very very difficult because all the measurament have to be perfect and it is very hard to do.the possiility to do some error is big and you have to start from the begin.For do the metal parts a lot of work whit rasp...rasp and again rasp...the forge can give to the metal the form but after is only work of rasp.
PierPaolo siercovich