Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladiator illustrations
Johnny,<br>
May I make a suggestion?<br>
<br>
Graham Ashford's <strong>Roman Combat Sports</strong> forum (see the link at the top of the RAT homepage) is really an ideal place for any gladiator art you may wish to share.<br>
<br>
Also, our other sister board, <strong>Greek Army Talk</strong>, would be delighted, I'm sure, to have your hoplite and Macedonian artwork. And here at RAT, we'd love to share whatever Roman military illustrations you might have to show us.<br>
<br>
I hope to hear from you soon about JAMS! Which Osprey volumes have you illustrated?<br>
<br>
Jenny <p>--------------------<BR><BR>"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they are realities, and are often even more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."<BR> - Niccoló Machiavelli, <i>The Discourses</i>, 1517. </p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Jenny,<br>
I sent you an email yesterday about artwork for JAMS. Did you receive it?<br>
Thanks<br>
Johnny <p></p><i></i>
I sure did, and I've sent a msg back. I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your samples.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
The pics came through fine today. Great, dramatic stuff. Please join the Roman Combat Sports site. It has a link at the top of the front page here. We could use you. <p></p><i></i>
EX.CE.LLENT, Johnny!<br>
I love specially the first one with that view of the secutor?from the arena towards the amphitheater's velarium. Backgrounds give a lot of work but, in reward they enhance your figures and they look, eerr, more real? (Mmmmh, maybe it is because I'm an architect...)<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Johnny<br>
<br>
I am sure that you modelled that top one on me (I wish)<br>
<br>
If it is OK, I have started a thread in teh RCS using the images above, I will post some more of the ones that you have sent me a while ago as well, when I get a chance to.<br>
<br>
If you want me to change anything on the post on the RCS let me know there and I will gladly make the changes to suit you as it is your work after all.<br>
<br>
All the best <p>Graham Ashford
<hr />
[url=http://www.ludus.org.uk" target="_new]Ludus Gladiatorius[/url]<br>
[url=http://pub156.ezboard.com/bromancombatsports" target="_new]Roman Combat Sports Forum[/url]<br>
[url=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk" target="_new]Roman Army Talk Forum[/url]<br>
[url=http://pub27.ezboard.com/bromancivtalk" target="_new]Roman Civilian Talk Forum[/url]<br>
</p><i></i>
Graham<br>
No problem, you may post them on your website.<br>
Thanks!<br>
Johnny <p></p><i></i>
Nice!! Nice dramatic angles, esspecially for the 1st Gladiator, aww-right!<br>
<br>
jeeze...wish I was better at hoomans... Wish I was better at getting artwork done and such! pah!<br>
<br>
<p>-ANDY aka "Roman Dude" Svaviter in Modo, Fortiter in Re<br>
<br>
www.higgins.org </p><i></i>
Thanks Andy!<br>
Where is Modo?<br>
Johnny <p></p><i></i>
The quote I have I got from a Merriam-Webster English Dictionary, which has a "Famous Quotations" section in the back, including many many Latin quotes, that's one of my favorites ~<br>
<br>
svaviter en modo, fortiter en re - which according to the dictionary means "Soft in Manner, Strong in Deed"<br>
<br>
actually I never bothered looking it up to double check it in my Latin dictionary...I hope that's the proper translation, that's what's written in the Dictionary....If anyone has corrections or whichever, I welcome them....Just keep in mind I've been used to that quote since High School so it's stuck in there!<br>
<br>
otherwise, I'm a big Bird person, so "MoDo" also is an abbriviation for Mourning Dove (<em>Zenaida macroura</em>) <p>-ANDY aka "Roman Dude" Svaviter in Modo, Fortiter in Re<br>
<br>
www.higgins.org </p><i></i>