Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accommodating supernumerary officers at events.
Well, I think a lot of this has to do with an indviduals attitude. No one should attend another untis event and expect to be in charge or play an officer, that's just not how the world works.

As someone who does protray a senior officer, it's really hard to take a demotion.... It's an entirely different kit. Portraying a senior office is why I got into reenacting,. Also, in North America, there just aren't that many who do the impression correctly. And I did spend quite a bit of money on my kit, but I would never expect to be placed in command at an event. When I first started my imprssion, there were only a few other reenactors in North America who were actively portraying senior officers, and many of them were using really cheesy equipment.

But in my experience there aren't a horde of legates out there fighting for command, this seems to be a centurionate issue. Everyone wants to wear their transverse crest and phalarae. I don't get it, but for some reason being a centurion is really popular... and egos tend to ride high... I think asking an unccoperative person to leave to save the event for other is perfectly acceptable. If someone at one of our events give me the line about packing up their toys and leaving, then I will personally help load up.

Joint events should be planned jointly, share command, rotate roles, whatever it takes.

Bottom line is this is supposed to be fun, and it can't be if someone is bitter about not wearing their crest, just don't deal with it, don't put up with it.
M.VAL.BRUTUS
Brandon Barnes
Legio VI Vicrix
www.legionsix.org

Messages In This Thread
Accommodating supernumerary officers at events. - by M.VAL.BRUTUS - 06-19-2013, 08:52 PM