Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan Drawing of Segontium Gladius
Sorry Tony!
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
No problem Mithras Big Grin just glad someone could help :-D
Regards Brennivs :woot:
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
AVE and Thank You Brenius,
I am grateful to everyone who is helping out on this.........As I said, Sadly I can't get real Ivory to make this with,even using old piano keys. What do you all think of me using American Holly in its place?
Salve for now,
Vitruvius......aka Larry Mager
Larry A. Mager
Ave,again, Y'all,
Antonia...aka my Best Half Jaqui, brought up an intersting point.....to wit: Does anybody know it the Locket and Chape still exist? With the "Scabbard tightener", We have to wonder what shape is the throat of said Gladius? I tend to think that the thickness of the throat almost has to be1.25". Any and all suggestions will be both welcomed AND appreciated. We would look for this ourselves, but we have to take our Australian Shepard to the Vet, suddenly.....I think she ate something that disagreed with her......you all know....like the Cannibal.....LOL
Vitruvius and Antonia......aka Larry and Jaqui Mager.

P.T.O. I've got to admit, it is fun to have one's Better Half who likes Roman Life!!!!!!
Larry A. Mager
Hi Vitruvius, as an Aussie, I have to ask. How does a dog breed developed in United States get the name Australian Shepherd? Confusedmile: Just curious.
Regards
Michael Kerr
Michael Kerr
"You can conquer an empire from the back of a horse but you can't rule it from one"
Ave Viruvius this is a problem I have pondered, I would not worry too much that you are not useing Ivory. so long as you capture the feel of the sword it looks the same the balance is right ect., Big Grin As Mithras says it being a Pompeii style the world is you oyster on the scabbard fittings I would do something that has not been done yet :mrgreen: so dont be frightened :evil: look forward to seeing the finished sword Big Grin
Regards Brennivs :woot:
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Ave Michael,
Although it is slightly off topic, I suggest that you look up the History of the breed on Wikipedia as it can explain it far better than I can....
All My best,
Vitruvius......aka Larry Mager

P.S. Isabella our Aussie Shepard had a small virus. The Vet gave he a shot and she is far better now. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread .lol...lol
Larry A. Mager
Ave Brenius,
I appreciate all of your support. I would appreciate your suggestions as to what to do to make the scabbard unique? The throat of the scabbard will be different given the 6 sided "Scabbard Tightener". Its the chape and the rest of the scabbard that I am concerned about. I'll be happy to see those pictures you are planning to show of the gladius replica. Please keep me informed..........
BTW, If any of our Brothers and Sisters have been caught in these Tornadoes tearing up the Midwest U.S., , We stand with You.!! I'm lucky as my sisters and Mother have been spared .......so far!
Salve,
Larry Mager.......aka Vitruvius!!!!!
Larry A. Mager
Quote:How does a dog breed developed in United States get the name Australian Shepherd?
The same way deep fried potato bits are called "french fries" and griddled egg batter bread is called "french toast". What are Austrailian Shepherd called in Australia?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
M. Demetrius wrote:
Quote:What are Australian Shepherd called in Australia?
Kelpies lol :woot: but they are different to " Australian Sheep Dogs" which I have never heard of before but unfortunately no thread for dog breeds.
Regards
Michael Kerr
Michael Kerr
"You can conquer an empire from the back of a horse but you can't rule it from one"
Ave, y'all and a Special "Woof,Woof" to Michael from Izzie,
We could always start one "Off Topic" OR we could start a new one with regards to what Imperator had what dog? What do you think Izzie? She just looked at me and Yawned.....Go figure
Oh well!
Salve,
Vitruvius.................aka Larry Mager
Larry A. Mager

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A different way of drawing the gladius Mycerinus 2 42 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Arius
  Drawing the Gladius Johnny Shumate 5 1,846 12-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Matt Lukes
  The Return of Segontium Late Roman forum Anonymous 0 844 03-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Last Post: Anonymous