Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Cavalry parade ceremonial helmets
There is an interesting feature about this helmet that I discovered from making it and this is the fact that it had a leather hinge to hold a face mask, if one looks closely it is found that this hinge is of course offset to one side
The reason being is that at the centre front of the helmet behind the peak there is a decoration that the craftsman did not want to spoil so he simply off set the two rivets that held the leather hinge.
Here also is the original face mask that I copied however this could never have been the mask that fitted this helmet, for this also has an offset for a similar hinge but it goes in the opposite direction and to fit the helmet I made I altered its offset the other way to meet the needs of the original helet that I had copied.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brian Stobbs

Messages In This Thread
Roman Cavalry parade ceremonial helmets - by PhilusEstilius - 06-01-2013, 01:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hallaton Roman cavalry parade helmet recreated Marcus F. 4 239 04-15-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Ceremonial/Parade Armour Debate MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS 2 1,966 10-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Last Post: MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS
  Ceremonial Centurion outfit Charlie 19 9,582 05-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Charlie