Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legio XIIII GMV Coh II Lait, First Public Outing
Hail Caesar!

We of Legio XIIII GMV Coh II Lait, are proud to report the completion of our first public event/outing. We were invited to attend the Utah Renaissance Fair and Fantasy Festival, near Ogden, Utah. The event covered the first three weekends in May, and was well attended. We set up our new tent and fly, and set up our display near the entrance to the fair, and were adopted by one of the guilds. We had our Centurio, Optio, two Legionaries, four ladies, and several Roman children participate in our presentation over the three weekends. We made a positive impression on many people, recruited some possible new members, and had a great time. Best of all, we spoke to several educators about our school outreach program. The Romans have arrived in Utah, big time. Big Grin Smile

Our next event is Fort Douglas Day, June 15th, In Salt Lake City, at Fort Douglas Museum and Parade Ground, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. :woot: :cheer:
Cheers,

Ralph Young
Clinton, UT
Good for you! Be sure to print up some business cards and pass them out to whomever will take them. Flyers are good, but people don't keep them long. To have a friend, one has to show himself friendly.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Excellent! Many congratulations.

Are photographs going to be forth coming?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Awesome! keep it up!

You might want to check out Forum for Ancient Re-enactment. Although RAT is much better for the historical stuff, FAR will help you contact some of the other Legion members in the area and they can tell you about events and stuff.
Well done Fraters!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well butter my biscuit.... An event within plausible driving range! Where is your group based?
Take what you want, and pay for it

-Spanish proverb
Demetrius, both the centurio and I have business cards printed that among other contact info, include our meeting date, time and place.

Vindex, as soon as I can get copies of the photos that were taken, and figure out how to upload them, I will post them on this sight.

Flavius Aetius, What is the web address for the Forum for Ancient Re-enactment?

Matthew, we are based in the Layton, Utah, area. Our monthly meetings are held on the second Monday of each month, at 7:00 pm, at the Little Taste of Britain: Authentic Fish and Chips, in Roy, Utah. You can contact me by PM for directions.

A. Junius Ralfus
Optio
Leg XIIII GMV Coh II Lait
Cheers,

Ralph Young
Clinton, UT
You see, you're already meeting people to schedule new events!

http://ancientreenacting.proboards.com/

A lot of legions will pair up; VI and XI do over here in South Carolina, and somewhat with IX in Virginia/Maryland as well. So don't be surprised if you find yourself going to a lot of events hosted by another legion. It's also better as well, because legions here are so small.
Quote:Demetrius, both the centurio and I have business cards printed that among other contact info, include our meeting date, time and place.
:-)
Look for your booking on a stage at Caesar's Palace any day now.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Could someone walk me through the process of posting photos on this site?

Thanks.
Cheers,

Ralph Young
Clinton, UT
It's not so hard once you see the issues involved, Ralph. But it's not altogether obvious, either. Simple method if you have the photo on some kind of the many photo storage units, photobucket, shutterfly, and many more, for example. Just link to the picture. The specific photo site will have its own method there.

Or, if you have the photo on your own computer, look below the message part of the page, and you'll see

Attachments 1. [empty box] Add File
Click the Add File button, find the photo on your computer and (on a PC, anyway) you click on the photo and "Open". This will add the name and location into the box, and will create a second 2. [empty box] so you could add a second photo. It will also produce the Carpenter's Thumbnail as you see it below. It also creates the "Insert" button, which will put the photo directly into the message at that point. Experiment and see which works the better for you.

Hope that helps

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legio XIIII Gemina Decimvs Avrelivs Lvcanvs 0 1,310 10-24-2015, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Decimvs Avrelivs Lvcanvs
  Evidence of the Legio XIIII scutum emblem DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS 20 6,562 08-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Crispvs