Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show your Eagle
I'm asked to built an Augustian Eagle for an exibit in 2014. So you guys can help with pictures of you legions Eagle or any picture might help. I already found a few but help is wanted. Paul Karremas site about his reconstruction on the Eagle is already a great help.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Best contact Jean-Luc Ferraud for some info.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Here is an eagle I created many years ago for the Vindolanda trust that is on display at their Roman Army Museum, this eagle was kindly loaned to me when I put forward the guard of Honour for the event when HRH the late Princess Margaret declared Hadrian's Wall a World monument.
It helped the Vindolanda Trust to create its video to show and to explain Hadrian's Wall to visitors at the Army Museum and was also used as front cover for this book that they produce.
[attachment=8465]eagle079.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brian Stobbs
If coins are any indicator, the Roman perception of an eagle is quite different from ours. The common US Flag pole topper is not very like those coins. But until an eagle is actually recovered, if that ever happens, we just won't know.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Here is an Eagle from Antony's coinage. In fact most eagles on coinage look very similar even in later Imperial times.

[attachment=8475]631823.jpg[/attachment]

and from Septimius Severus:

[attachment=8476]5Yz2W62t8BiWFr6HANb47GMwj3C8Ps.jpg[/attachment]

"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Selling Roman coins of all kinds from small and large bronze to silver! To see what i have to offer message me at: [email protected]
Here is Deepeeka's version of the Praetorian Eagle. Now available direct to RAT members at discounted price, or order through your distributor.

[attachment=8576]IMG_0405.jpg[/attachment]

Quote:Here is Deepeeka's version of the Praetorian Eagle. Now available direct to RAT members at discounted price, or order through your distributor.

That is a nice eagle... How much is it?