Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcus Aurelius Diodorus
Hi all,<br>
Only just noticed the discussion on [url=http://www.romanarmy.com/Content/Imagebase/IMAGEBASE-SHOW.asp?Selectie=5&Naaminvoer=diodorus&select1=Ala%20Afrorum&select2=Guard%20infantryman&select3=Alexandria&select4=Portrait&veranderdatum=&ID=73" target="top]Diodorus[/url].<br>
As to info on this thing, well, there's hardly anything. It's a sarcophagus with as far as I remember no explanation about it whatsoever. I had higher res pictures, but unless someone knows how to recover the lost data on my old HD, these pictures are all I have. I have tried to find references on it, but no luck so far. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Salve<br>
I don´t know what problem you have had with the hard disk, but sometimes the problem is losing some system files, and for different reasons it´s impossible to repair the configuration with the original windows disk. This hard disk, if you have not formated it, works perfectly as a second disk, after you have put another system disk to work. Than you can acces all the information in it.<br>
Vale. <p></p><i></i>
Jorge Mambrilla
Nah, it's a bit different. It suddenly went "Oh, I'm only 33Gb instead of 40Gb". Not the Bios, nor a single other low level programme recognizes it as bigger. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:</em></strong><hr>It suddenly went "Oh, I'm only 33Gb instead of 40Gb". <hr><br>
That sounds like the corruption of your FAT table...this can be corrected with an assembler debug tool. You could also have a virus or a remote access worm. With systems that are not protected people can and do launch executables that partition your drive to allow them access to your system without being seen, and to allow storage of their own files.<br>
Although the latter is improbable unless you have valuable data. The technology exists however, as this power has been in the hands of law enforcement for several years now, and since 9/11 they no longer require a warrant to scan and remove data from your system...but they usually don't leave footprints, or damage your system <p></p><i></i>
Aha! i´ve had the same problem at work:<br>
a 40Gb HD went to 8Gb during installing WindowsNT! Couldn´t find a solution then. <p>Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Nah, it was probably something physical, as it happened after changing the mobo. But perhaps the mods should split this thread into it's original subject and tips about retreiving lost data <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Column of Marcus Aurelius AMELIANVS 6 1,836 07-17-2014, 05:10 AM
Last Post: AMELIANVS
  A Roman Legionary of the reign of Marcus Aurelius PALongimanus 5 4,778 06-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Last Post: AMELIANVS
  A Marcus Aurelius era centurion Impression. Gaius Julius Caesar 4 2,590 07-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar