Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Photobucket ... hello???
I'm throwing in the towel with Photobucket, the image database I've used for years and years, since it apparently turned into facebook last year. Navigation is horrible, there's no real logic behind it, and there are now 'Stories' I can create. If I want to do that I'll write a bloody novel!

So, what is everyone else using to store their photos? Free is good! I'm not wanting 200 terabytes or anything, just a dump of a Gb or so for pictures to link to for sites like RAT.

Any advice welcome!!
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
Quote:So, what is everyone else using to store their photos? Free is good! I'm not wanting 200 terabytes or anything, just a dump of a Gb or so for pictures to link to for sites like RAT.

Any advice welcome!!
I quite agree about the navigational mess that is PB and I'm looking to migrate my B&C2 illustrations from there. I have a 'professional' account with Flickr which does me for all my photographic and illustration needs (now that they allow 'artwork'). That costs $24.95 per annum but is worth it. It has always worked better than Google's Picasa (which is another navigational disaster area). Alternatively, if you have a web space provider, they probably have more than enough space and possibly even a gallery app that will suit your needs (and you'd already be paying for it).

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Now you say that, I do have a free Dropbox account I've been using to access my writing documents from one computer to another or to the iPad. Just checked and this service also hosts images too and can be linked publicly. Interesting!

Thanks, Mike.
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
Hi, try Dropbox its free up to 2 gig
www.dropbox.com
Regards
Michael Kerr
Michael Kerr
"You can conquer an empire from the back of a horse but you can't rule it from one"
Hmmmm, I haven't looked at my Photobucket account recently.... I did just join Pixar though!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I use Imgur to upload images for free.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photobucket have changed there EDIT feature? brennivs - tony drake 1 926 03-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar