Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROMEC XIX
After the rampant success of ROMEC XVIII in Denmark (from which I have only just returned), in its 30th anniversary year, we have announced that the next ROMEC (XIX) will be held in St Andrews (Scotland, UK) in 2016 with the theme of 'Cavalry in the Roman World'. ROMEC is coming back to Britain!

We also have at least one tentative offer from a host for 2019 but now is the time to start considering whether you or your institution would like to host ROMEC XX.

At the same time, we announced our intention to go ahead with the formation of the Association of Roman Military Equipment Studies and the publication by that body of JRMES 14/15 and 16 in the near future.

More information will be made available here once we have sorted everything out.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
That's certainly a date for the diary! PLeased it was such a success and even more pleased about JRMES.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Awesome stuff. I hate not being in Europe.
Yep, ROMEC XVIII was great and I will certainly be present during the following one.

Will catch a plane tomorrow morning home. So still greetings from Copenhagen.

Martijn
Well, then I might even consider joining in. Great theme Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM