Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hinge pins on a Muscle Cuirass
I think that if you look REAL close to your left when viewing the armor.....very close to the edge where the hinge is, you can see the other hole. There is also a possible hole on top of the shoulder to your right when viewing the armor. Again, I think these are holes and would have housed the rings.

Its possible someone may think these are not holes and my eyes are deceiving me LOL.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Ave, Carlo,
Thanks for the picture, I DO see the hinge on my right as well as the hole you mentioned. To quote a well-known "Vulcan", "Fascinating".
Just in case everyone wonders why I share my RAT board interests with My Antonia (aka Jaqui, my best friend and Spouse), She has as much an interest in Roman Militaria as I do and actually took College (University to our Continental Cousins)courses in Ancient Greek and Roman History. I, sadly studied for the Ministry and History so I am self taught, vis a vis Roman History. Any way, any photos any of us can dig up will help, not just our impressions, but help our fellow Roman Fabricae types to be more accurate. BTW, Doc, I am glad I got Your meaning. When I get my Musculata built, Its going to be as accurate as it can be!!!
Salve for now, Vitruvius aka Larry Mager
Larry A. Mager
Just found a ton of images, all hi-res of many different Muscle cuirass. Lots of images of the connection sides etc.

Herman Historia
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]
I have just found these pictures I have of the hinges on the cuirass I made for the late Doug' Arnold some years ago, ignore the letters A and B they were put there to show points to secure his parazonium.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brian Stobbs
Markus... I was not able to find the Muscle Cuirass' on the site you posted... will you paste a direct link to me in a private message? It would be greatly appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iron/Steel muscle cuirass Damianus Albus 3 1,485 10-18-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Virilis
  Roman Lewis pins Nerva 4 1,793 09-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  Tribune\'s Muscle Cuirass iskander 24 5,330 05-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius