Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strongblade brand Corinthian Helmet
In the process of finishing my Linothorax and was doing a little bit of searching for the rest of my Hoplite kit, when I stumbled on this site looking for a quality/budget helmet:

Strongblade Brass Greek Helmet

Anyone ever purchased anything from this site? Too good to be true or is it quality stuff? The crest is a little short but that's nothing I can't fix myself. Any reviews of this helmet or suggestions on other places to buy is much appreciated!
Hello Steven, have a look to the DSC corinthian helmets. I think they have the best quality-budget ratio. Kult of athena sells DSC material in the US, the brass sheet is thin, but they have nice and accurate looking.

Regards
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
Steven, stay away from that helmet! You'll be much better off with the DSC helm.
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
What is with that helmet, anyways? It seems to be really common among Greek impressions, but something doesn't look right about it...
the nasal is so thin and yet not folded/tensioned as is the depeeka versions.
i personally have never seen a source for that style of crest (coming larger towards the front)
though i have been told by a respected historian that there are italian source for it

i however remain dubious but would love it if someone could show me/us the pic he was referring to

regards
richard
Nonsense crest, nasal too broad and thin, cheek protection not large enough, but nice scull part.
Fair enough, thanks for all the feedback buys! KOA it is then.
Armae makes good helmets, too, for decent prices. They're in France. If you choose their Corinthian, though, you my want to file down the nose ridge. It seems fishy.
Wrong nasal. Wrong geometry.
Too thin, I think)))
Lovchikov Andrey. "ANABASIS" reanactment society, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
http://anabasisspb.livejournal.com/
http://vk.com/anabasis
https://www.facebook.com/Anabasis-695452...ef=tn_tnmn
Quote:Fair enough, thanks for all the feedback buys! KOA it is then.

Kult of Athena is going through some crap right now - they've been making knock offs I heard but I don't know for sure. A lot of their stuff isn't very good. Either way look into it before you make a purchase. IF you want a good one, contact DSC like the others mentioned.
Quote:Armae makes good helmets, too, for decent prices. They're in France. If you choose their Corinthian, though, you my want to file down the nose ridge. It seems fishy.

Actually their Phrygian helmet(HL116) is really sparking my interest, any idea how I could contact them, seeing as I don't speak French?
Deal with Armae quite often for kit purchase, mail them in English and they will reply to your questions in English .
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinions on Deepeeka Italo-Corinthian helmet Martok 2 1,908 05-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Athena Areias
  Chin Straps for a Corinthian Helmet faralli213 7 3,398 11-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Last Post: ose
  One Piece Corinthian Helmet by Matt Lukes Creon01 6 4,207 04-09-2015, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Creon01