Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Agoge
Avete Romani! I was researching the Spartan Agoge, and I found out that the Romans brought it back after they defeated the Achaian League. How close was their version to the original agoge? Was it as effective?

Gratias vobis ago, amici!
HONOR VICTORIAQVE TECVM

John F.
Where'd you read that? Interesting idea.

[note that according to the RAT rules, your username either has to reflect at least your real first name, or you have to put same in your signature]
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
(10-26-2015, 06:26 PM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Where'd you read that? Interesting idea.

[note that according to the RAT rules, your username either has to reflect at least your real first name, or you have to put same in your signature]

It was actually on the Wikipedia page for the Spartan Agoge, the first place I visited while reading. Here's the link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agoge

Also, I don't know how to change my username. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd be happy to fix this problem.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured the name part out and changed it. It's now my first name in Latin.
HONOR VICTORIAQVE TECVM

John F.
From the description there, I think they're talking about the continued agoge in Greece in the Roman era.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine