Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sarmatiana: A List of References, Old & New
I agree with both of you. The whole thing-- from day one, and Mr. Jones-- is subjective. We're not seeing much on horse DNA, and that Indian (aka India-Indian) DNA response came to me on a Linkedin ancient history thread, but the person gave no details to back it up. Strange that without DNA we find a language and cultural root that's hard to confute, going right back to the Vedas and Gathas, and then find the same sociological links at Sintashta.

None of this can be confirmed, and it's all theory. But I prefer it over Renfrew and the recent Renfrewistic headlines pinpointing Turkey, so incredulous that Turkish nationists have quipped, "We are right," and Indo-European logic slides down the drain. :whistle:

It would seem, as far as horses go, that any DNA test would link Britain's breeds to the steppe in any case. That's were horses originated in the beginning. :dizzy:

I'm glad to see all the links and references we are accumulating here. It places the Sarmatians in the middle of the big picture, albiet late-comers as they were.
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb

Messages In This Thread
Sarmatiana: A List of References, Old & New - by Alanus - 03-23-2013, 12:05 AM