Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Movie Identification?
i thought this was going to be a thread about every roman sword and sandal film ever made
but it was enjoyable to read through anyhoo.....

richard
Quote:Pompeii (directed by WS Anderson, who also directed the Resident Evil series)

At first glance I read that as Pompeii, directed by Wes Anderson... Confusedmile:
Nathan Ross
Quote:
Narukami post=333129 Wrote:Pompeii (directed by WS Anderson, who also directed the Resident Evil series)

At first glance I read that as Pompeii, directed by Wes Anderson... Confusedmile:

Actually ... That might be a much better film, or at least more interesting. His films are full of 'magic.' Not the Harry Potter sort of sorcery, but the subtle magic we occasionally see in real life.

Meanwhile ... W.S. Anderson is looking at his film of Pompeii as his version of Cameron's Titanic, but set in ancient Rome. I suspect the next announcement will trumpet the news that the film will be shot in 3D.

http://collider.com/paul-ws-anderson-pom...-fellowes/

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
I can't find the link to that thread either - bother! There was some interesting comments about making the film as I recall.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I could totally watch a movie about the Roman military made by Wes Anderson. Bill Murray can play Caesar, Jason Swartzmann can be Octavianus Augustus, Luke Wilson can be Marcus Antonius. It would be awesome. :grin:
Hey, Bryan

Don't forget Milla Jovovich as Cleopatra. You gotta have Milla! :woot:
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman helm identification Macedon 14 3,031 01-26-2014, 08:09 PM