Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Forts or Ruins in Northern Scotland?
Sorry guys. I screwed the name up. its the roman camp at durno. This is the one i would like to see besides Ardoch.
http://www.roman-britain.org/places/durno.htm
Quote:its the roman camp at durno. This is the one i would like to see besides Ardoch.
Nothing to see at Durno, I'm afraid. Cry But you get a great view of Bennachie (see Mons Graupius, p. 5, looking SW across the site of Durno).
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:Byron went in search of Normandykes 3 years ago. (Did you ever find it, Byron?!) More information here.
Found my 2003 slides of it and have scanned them in.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Hmmmm, would be hard to see the difference between that and so many other tree lined ditches, unless you had expert eyes. Well, I've seen Ardoch, so I feel I have seen the best visible remains North of the Gask ridge..... 8-)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thx for the pics Man!
If anyone is interested in meeting up to explore some roman sites in the Aberdeenshire area of Scotland next week? Just send me a pm on here and ill give some specifics

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Belgrade and Roman Ruins/Museums Longovicium 12 2,996 08-29-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Longovicium
  Any notable Roman sites to visit in northern italy? Jason Micallef 4 797 01-04-2020, 10:18 PM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus
  The forts and their Garrsions in Northern England prior to Hadrian's Wall felixgallus 2 1,565 07-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Fabricius Carbo