Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble posting images
Quote:His Display name (Fidelis Sam) doesn't work but his username does. But I don't know if normal members can see his username so I won't post it here.
The bubble on Fidelis Sam's profile and in his posts leads to his display name. What I now assume to be his username appears in brackets after this in his Profile. It would, therefore, seem that this has to be entered manually, if we want to send a PM to him. On the other hand, you similarly have two names in your Profile and I have just (apparently successfully) sent a test message to you using your display name. This is all very curious.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
The Display name is the one you see in the post, the username can be seen next to it on a user's profile page and that's the name they login with, which is why I don't think normal members can view it. But I had no problem sending a message to Fidelis Sam using his username.

It appears to be only his account having any issues with this.
Solved. Fidelis Sam's display name had a leading space in it, which was considered part of his name. If you then type a message to 'Fidelis Sam', he'd not be found. You'd have to message ' Fidelis Sam'. I've now removed the leading space and the problem should be fixed.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thanks for that, Jasper, but can you help us over the problem that Fidelis Sam and I both experienced in posting images?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Posting images LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS 1 1,681 06-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis