Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Effective were Spears Against Cavalry?
Peter I had prepared a more aggressive answer but I regretted it. After all, if I do not try to be civil, how could I expect others to be? You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. I probably have read something myself about the Medieval era, although my something could be much more or much less than what you would consider adequate. I personally believe that you have an issue telling exception from the norm, but then, this is my opinion.

As for the Carrhae incident, I also offered my explanation as to why they did make the charge but did not "complete" it. Your explanation that they did not have to make this charge goes against their commencing it. They did commence it but did not complete it which shows -as Plutarch also confirms- that it was the fastness of the Roman infantry that made them retreat, which in turn means the obvious, that is that such cavalry had the luxury of commencing charges and strike only when things went favorably. I still find your comparison lacking, maybe my imagination is not that evolved..
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ

Messages In This Thread
How Effective were Spears Against Cavalry? - by Macedon - 03-05-2013, 03:49 AM