Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloak Armillae Fibulae & Focale
Had some questions about the attachment of a cloak and focale to armillae. I see many Centurion impressions where the focale and cloak is attached some how to the armillae on the phalarae harness. I'm guessing the cloak is just gathered at each end, fed through the armile and then pinned with fibulae? Same with the focale, or what looks like a focale, but not quite sure how its done with either. Or is it just a cord joining the 2 armillae? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Also wanting to know if Centurions wore the groin guard apron I see many with and with out.
Guy.

Are you not refering to Torques rather than Armillae for indeed armillae are worn on the wrist, and it would appear that many centurian re-enactors do fix their cloak to the Phalerae harness.
Brian Stobbs
The torques on my centurio kit are held together with a tabletweave cord and attached to the phalera harnass. My paladementum is folded on one end and hold together with a fibula. This end is also attached to the phalerae harnass on itself.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Here is a picture of the late Doug' Arnold who I kitted out as a centurian and he has his cloak fixed to his phalerae harness, his torques are also held on a neck scarf that is also fixed to the harness and as I mentioned earlier he has two armillae on his wrists.
[attachment=6644]primusp1Medium.gif[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brian Stobbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Armillae Charlie 5 1,556 02-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Charlie