Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconstructing Ancient Linen Body Armor - New Book
You are once again missing the point, it's not about ancient art, it's about finding and analyzing a tiny bit of surviving organic substance and knowing for sure what it is. I am amazed at how easily you brush this off? Did you actually read the report? This is amazing technology. If this technology makes a claim, all the other evidence will be rendered irrelevant whether we like it or not if it contradicts the science. It's like gun shot forensics vs eye witnesses, the forensics always win.

Aldrete and Connolly are certainly not the first to speculate on the use of glue with linen as there are mentions of it over a hundred years before either of them learned to read and write. Neither discount the use of leather, yet some totally discount the possibility of the usage of glue with linen.

I'm still looking for that quote of yours in the book I mentioned.

And please point me to the 100's of Classical/Hellenistic Greek leather T&Y corselets artifacts?
Joe Balmos

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reconstructing Ancient Linen Body Armor - New Book - by Creon01 - 09-09-2016, 05:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earliest Modern Mention of Glued Linen Armor? Creon01 11 4,392 12-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sean Manning
  Reconstructing ancient art Giannis K. Hoplite 12 6,109 10-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite