Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Battles
Whew... other than the short post the other day, it's been a looong time since I last posted on these boards. Still looks very much the same and - I see - contains many of the same faces.

Anyway, this is going to be a shameless plug, but I've posted here before about my small gaming projects, so I'm thinking that should be OK.

Short story: I'm building a simple wargame system for Android devices, that can be used to resolve and fight ancient and medieval battles. If you are familiar with the "Lost Battles" board games/books, "Small Battles" is going to be something on a similar scale, though with different mechanics (lower unit density, simultaneous turns, etc).

I'm hoping to have an alpha version ready sometime in the coming months which will feature a simple generic battle between Romans and Celts. The ambition with the game is to eventually add a _lot_ of historical battles to the game and make it more of a universal battle game where one can design one's own armies and scenarios. The latter depends on how popular the thing gets... graphics cost money, and as this is a hobby, I only spend money on the projects that I earn with the hobby. ;-)

Anyway, here is a look at a Roman Legionary (late Republic) sprite from the game.

[attachment=6516]fb_roman_legionary.png[/attachment]

If there's anything terribly wrong with it, now is the time to let me know. :grin:

There is also a [Image: SmallBattles] where I post updates. And if anyone is interested to do a little early testing (and doesn't mind that the product may be very crash-prone and user-unfriendly), feel free to drop me a line.

Attached Files
.png   fb_roman_legionary.png (Size: 15.63 KB / Downloads: 4)
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte