Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celtic warrior Kit, slowly getting stuff together!
Hi i am Mike,and im 25 years of age.

I am new to this forum, but not new to the howl re-enacting living history thing.
I allready do dutch revolt period (1568-1648) and American Civil War for about 3 years now.

But i was looking for something new to add to, WW2 didnt do it for my, so i disided to start on a Celtic warrior kit. I like to do everything myself so i allready started making a shield, a friend of mine who does roman knew how to make one correctly and helps me. But the rest of the kit... well i have no idea where to begin, what to get, or how to make the clothing. i always make my own period correct clothing so i want to do that with this perios to. But i dont know how on this point.

In the end, when im done, i want to join a dutch group how also do celtic stuff.

Long story short, can you guys help me Confusedmile:
Can you specify the timeframe and and area you're interested in. Seems to be a lot of possibilities.
ALA I BATAVORUM
4th and 3d century B.C. and a dutch Celt offcourse. :whistle:
Quote:4th and 3d century B.C. and a dutch Celt offcourse. :whistle:

Well, the term 'celt' maybe isn't the best one to use. But well, 4th or 3rd century B.C. would make La Tene equipment. Best do a search for the 'La Tene' Culture. Good luck with your impression!
ALA I BATAVORUM
forgive me if I break any rule by mentioning a rival website, but perhaps you also have to take a look on www.kelticos.org. this is a forum like this but with iron age stuff.
Yves Goris
Quintus Aurelius Lepidus
Legio XI Claudia Pia Fidelis
Reburrus
Cohors VII Raetorum Equitata (subunit of Legio XI CPF)
vzw Legia
Flanders
Thnks for the info, and i will be joining that fotum to. many people do la tene period on that forum.