Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranks, Wreaths and Medals
I have no doubt that this has been dealt with before but, despite searching, I can find nothing on it. Could someone please explain the ranking system in RAT, i.e., how many posts are required to attain any particular rank?

Jasper explained the colours of wreaths here:
http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/7-off-t...=30#320531

and medals are explained here:
http://www.romanarmytalk.com/forum/medals.html

I feel that new recruits would like to have easy access to this information and, therefore, have tried to gather it together under one heading. If the idea commends itself, perhaps this thread could be made a sticky so that, in the future, anyone interested will not have to hunt around the forum, possibly without success.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
A week having passed since my enquiry without a response, I have attempted to work out the answer myself. A certain amount of inference has been necessary, so if I have erred I hope that someone will correct me.

Members who have not posted are designated in their Profiles as ‘Users’ and have six octagons instead of wreaths. Once they start posting, the number of posts to ranks are as follows:

1-9: Tiro
10-24: Gregalis
25-49: Immunis
50-99: Signifer
100-249: Imaginifer
250-499: Aquilifer
500-749: Centurio
750-1499: Primus Pilus
1500-2999: Praefectus Castrorum
3000+: Legatus Legionis

The colouring of wreaths is slightly more complicated than stated by Jasper. It is as follows:

Tiro: 9 grey
Gregalis: 1 red, 8 grey
Immunis: 2 red, 7 grey
Signifer: 3 red, 6 grey
Imaginifer: 4 red, 5 grey
Aquilifer: 5 red, 4 grey
Centurio: 5 red, 1 gold, 3 grey
Primus Pilus: 5 red, 2 gold, 2 grey
Praefectus Castrorum: 5 red, 3 gold, 1 grey
Legatus Legionis: 5 red, 4 gold

There seems to be one special rank, Decurio Ala I Batavorum, with a post count and wreath colouring equivalent to a Legatus Legionis.

Moderators have the rank of Speculator and 9 blue wreaths. The Chief Moderator has the rank of Decurio Speculatorum and 5 blue and 4 gold wreaths.

For the sake of completeness, I add, as stated by Jasper, that Administrators have 9 gold wreaths and Project Co-ordinators have 9 green wreaths.

I repeat my suggestion that this thread be made a sticky for the benefit of new recruits and anyone else interested.
Michael King Macdona

I've added the requested sticky, but as I am a relative newcomer to RAT in terms of some other members I have raised your enquiry with the other Moderators.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
You're spot on Renatus! Sorry I missed it before.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
A sincere thanks-a-bunch, Renatus

Hey! I only have 480-something posts to go and I'll become a praefectus castrorum. Then I'll be right up there with Lucius Artorius Castus (nuk, nuk, nuk) :woot:
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
Many thanks to Renatus and any other contributors. Very helpful for recruits such as myself. Commendable gentlemen! :cheer:
Augustine
Augustine J. Celestino
You're welcome. I'm glad you found it helpful.
Michael King Macdona