Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primitive Medieval armies VS Glorius Roman Legions
Quote:
Quote:the best war machine the world has ever seen
Hihihi. ;-) Any country with nuclear weapons. Need very few soldiers, have maximum effect. City-busters, basically. :-D

A massive commodity price boom has kind of shifted due to poor quality tea bags.

But Chinese labour has greatly reduced costs.

[Image: PriceOfTeaChart.png]
I'd very much like it if we got back on topic here.
This Topic is a bit stoopid in general, isn´t it? I mean, the way the title is formulated already sets the quality of a possible discussion next to the IQ level of a herring´s caudal peduncle. Might as well continue OT. Better, even, delete it. ;-)
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:This Topic is a bit stoopid in general, isn´t it? I mean, the way the title is formulated already sets the quality of a possible discussion next to the IQ level of a herring´s caudal peduncle. Might as well continue OT. Better, even, delete it. ;-)

Edited for civility.
Quote:This Topic is a bit stoopid in general, isn´t it? I mean, the way the title is formulated already sets the quality of a possible discussion next to the IQ level of a herring´s caudal peduncle. Might as well continue OT. Better, even, delete it. ;-)

Edited for civility.
Quote:Your derogatory and incapability and limited mental capacity in adhering to the topic validates your lack of intelligence.

Either you trying to be funny, or you simply trying to irritate me.

Go troll and slander on some other thread, and stay out of debates that you don't understand.
Your derogatory and incapability and limited mental capacity in adhering to the topic validates your lack of intelligence.

Either you trying to be funny, or you simply trying to irritate me.

Go troll and slander on some other thread, and stay out of debates that you don't understand.

Where´s the bus? ;-)
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Eduardo Vázquez
What's a winged pilum?!? Must have missed mention in Bishop and Coulston's Roman Military Equipment: From The Punic Wars To The Fall Of Rome.
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
Gentlemen, this is going too far... Irony that is answered with personal attacks and incivility will not be tolerated. Whoever does not wish to participate in a thread had better not participate. Anyone who feels attacked by the ironic comments of other users should report the attacks rather than answering in a most inappropriate manner. You have a very short time to delete/edit all inappropriate posts or else we will do it for you and the issue of enforcing further disciplinary measures will be discussed among the mods.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ
Quote:A Medieval Chestplate? Sure. But a 16th Century Renaissance Chestplate? No. Those things were used until the 20th century and could stop 9mm Bullets. They tried that once with a Roman Lorica, the steel shattered from the impact of the round. Modern Pila would not be comparable to an Ancient-made one. Modern steel composition is not accurate for Roman Armaments (most are made with 10-45 steel, the Romans used something around 50-60 or lower in quality).

That is what I would think...
Bryan Dove
I have editored the brash comments that were made.

Now I will summarize this thread and I regret to say in disappointment.

I will take the time to thank those extremely few intellectuals that have taken part and voiced logical and accurate opinions and assertions in support of a Roman legion assaulting Medieval armies.

But as this thread progresses it has become tainted with minds that are closed. A type of mental barbarianism impedes and prohibiting a civilized debate from actually serving it's intended purpose to prove Rome's dominance in her legions.

The opposition to Rome's forces that have been witnessed here, truly shows that there is a huge lack, a great gap in comprehension of the lethal sophistication of Rome's forces matched against primitive Medieval era armies. One suggests and strongly, emphatically advises more reading and to see Roman reenactments that stick to authenticity policies.

You know one would think that here particularly on a Roman forum would of kept such hatred at bay. With such hatred to her by keeping that defiance out of council from tainting the intellectual grandeur expressed with historical accuracy through practice trial and experience from honoring her in her name.

Rome's name is being used in vain on this forum.

Shame on you all!

I have also seen turn coats and posers of Roman culture in that they decorate their signatures so elaborately with legion names and ranks and the great names they bear, and slandering them by advertising Rome but have unpatriotic and a pension for menacing threads that are in support of Rome's greatness is utterly unsatisfactory and outright ludicrous. The hypocrisy that I observe here illustrates that most members slander and ridicule Rome rather than glorify her for what she was and what she gave the rest of man kind.

Take a long hard look at yourselves and know that carry the mark of great embarrassment and shame which is so concentrated it's putrid derogatory infects the rest of the civilized members and soon such a thing needs to get dealt for the purpose of sanitizing the forum to attain it's intellectual members and supporters, patriots of Rome.

The early beginnings of this thread already served it's purpose in proving my point by those that have taken it upon themselves to educate the rest, I here by thank thee.

The moderators may now delete this thread because it has now died. And anything that gets expressed here in defiance to Rome's greatness perpetuates that ironic misogyny of Rome, and therefor I will not be apart of such uncivilized and barbaric slandering.

Thank you.
Oh please, just delete or lock this "non-topic" thread and be done with it. Burzum's ban on Historum is only till tomorrow, so he can hopefully then return to an arena more deserving.

On topic, I believe Longovicium settled the question with his analysis and historical paralel, let's agree with him it would be a 50 - 50 affair. This, by the way, was also the outcome on the Historum thread.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Quote:What's a winged pilum?!? Must have missed mention in Bishop and Coulston's Roman Military Equipment: From The Punic Wars To The Fall Of Rome.

It was a pilum with eagle wings for accurate flight.

LMAO Big Grin

Tupa corrected a name I wrote called "Windlass"

The Windlass pilum is made by the Cult of Athena. And by Mark Morrow which is most accurate in metallurgy of steel and design. Wink
As this topic cannot be kept to the point and has been the cause of complaints and rule breaking by members of the community, this topic is now locked.

If you disagree with this decision, please PM me.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!